A 35-year-old man in charge of a maid café or restaurant in Mong Kok was arrested after a 14-year-old female employee allegedly reported being indecently assaulted twice. Police also seized some child pornography images at the venue during the investigation. The reports did not say whether the images were connected to the man or the alleged assaults.

The venue is upstairs in a building on Dundas Street. Police arrested the man on suspicion of indecently assaulting a girl under 16. One report also said he was suspected of using, procuring or providing a person under 16 to produce pornographic material. These are allegations, not convictions.

The girl reportedly told police that the alleged assaults took place twice at the restaurant. Star Headline reported that the incidents occurred on August 7 and August 11, while the other report did not give specific dates. The girl was said to have started working at the restaurant in early August.

According to Star Headline, the girl reported the matter to police on August 14, and the man was arrested at the restaurant by officers from the Mong Kok district crime squad on August 15. The other report described the report to police only as having been made on the Friday before publication, without giving a specific date.

The man remained detained for investigation as of August 17, and the case was being handled by the Mong Kok district crime squad. The reports did not state whether he had been charged, brought to court or released on bail, and did not provide further details about the seized images.